Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 15
Rated 1 out of 5 by new printer buyer New Printer BRICKED
DO NOT BUY THIS PRINTER. I received it brand new out of the box today, got it set up perfectly, and printed a test page. It then updated its firmware and it's been unusable every since (it's been hours). I can't turn it off for fear of never recovering it, and it doesn't respond to anything. I now need to repackage it and remail it back to the vendor. I'm fairly handy with computers and networks, and if I can't make this work then it isn't worth your time. If I could give it less than one star I would have.
September 9, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Mickey Dissatisfied with the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-5690
Don't believe the hype. Printer is over-rated. The 45,000 color page monthly duty cycle*2 is not true, more like 1200 page tops. Plus the price of cartridges is extremely high, bring down the prices. Thank you.
September 6, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Great Duplex Scan and Duplex Print
I always wanted a duplex scan and duplex Print. Not often we get this spec on a printer with this price. I bought a Laser printer which said it is duplex scan, print. But actually it does duplex print but not duplex scan.
This printer nicely does the Duplex Scan and Duplex Print. (Scan two side and print two side). But, it does in two pass Scan and two pass print. which mean, it will scan one side and pull the paper back and scan the other side. Which is bit time consuming. Similarly, it will print one side and pull the paper back to print the other side. Which is fine. The one pass duplex and one pass print is available on High end professional printer costing way higher than this printer.
The ink is smudge free. I tested. :). The printer has no vibration while printing. Quality of print is like laser.
This printer lacks cropping of image after scan. This feature is use full when you scan a passport and to get rid of black around the image, for example. I think we can handle this from a computer.
Over all for home / small office use, this is a Great Printer.
July 12, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Conrad A Fine Printer
Overall, I'm very impressed. It delivers high quality text at a rapid speed. Much better than my previous laser printer. Text is dry and smudge free. Photos require some drying time. Photo quality is very good for a 3 color printer. Here are a few nitpicking comments:
* The recommended software download included some apps that were already out of date. Software update solved the problem.
* The printer was generally well packaged. However, removal of the packaging around the printer head was not intuitive, requiring some careful unpacking to avoid breaking styrofoam into the printer mechanism, or perhaps damaging the printer head.
* The rear feed doesn't seem to handle some jobs that it should. I can't print an 8.5 x 3.5 inch voucher size check. The text is rotated 90 degrees with respect to the preprinting and I see no way of correcting the problem. When I choose the rear feed, the option to print portrait or landscape disappears. Page Setup doesn't help. I'm using a Mac OS 10.9.5
* Use of the rear feeder seems generally awkward. Often, I get a size discrepancy pop-up notice that I have to override in order to print.
* These are may initial impressions after the first few days. Perhaps I will learn more about the rear feeder.
*YES, I WOULD BUY THIS PRINTER AGAIN. My wife knows that I'm a nitpicker.
February 22, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Solo Lawyer They Should Have Called it WorkHORSE
I couldn't be happier with my WorkForce Pro WF-5690's performance! The quality of copies - whether documents or photos - is crisp and clear. The speed of output is ten times better than my old Canon All-In-One, and the XXL ink cartridges seem to last forever. This was by far one of my best purchase decisions in 2015.
April 29, 2016